Have you tried pickleball yet?? ARC’s 8 New Pickleball Courts are open!
- For our ARC Platinum and Gold members, pickleball is included in your membership. For our Silver members, the cost is $15 to play pickleball. Whether you have played before or not, we welcome and encourage you to come to give it a try! It is a great sport to play with the entire family.
- We want to encourage non-members to come to see our courts and find a pickleball community that they love and want to belong to. Non-members will be able to use a guest pass three times per year at $15 per guest pass. After the three guest passes are used membership is required to continue using the club.
- 8 newly constructed, dedicated pickleball courts at ARC South
Fall 2021 ARC Ladies League
Ladies League is now open and will last 8 weeks.
ARC members are only eligible to sign up and the cost to join is $20 per person.
You pick your partner and play with the same person each week. If you are not able to play, find a substitute who has a similar skill level. If you cannot find a substitute, you will have to default.
League will be split into 2 divisions called the Morning League and Evening League.
Playing dates for Morning League are September 7th,14th, 21th, 28th, and October 5th,12th,19th, 26th. This league will begin at 9 AM.
Playing dates for Evening League are September 6th, 13th, 20th, 27th, and October 4th, 11th, 19th, 25th. This league will begin at 5 PM.
Each week is a round-robin format of play.
There will be 2 rounds of play in which you get to play each team twice with a total of 6 games. Games are played to 11, win by 1.
There will be a 15-minute time limit for each game to stay on track with time.
Ranks will be based on points, followed by wins.
Limited to 4 teams each based on skill level.
Please email email@example.com if you are interested in participating in the Fall 2021 Ladies League or being a substitute. When emailing, please state which division and line you and your partner will be playing. Spots are limited so please sign up as soon as possible with your partner in the division that you want to play.
The deadline to sign up is August 20th.
Teams will be announced on the week of August 23rd for teams to get to know each other before play starts.
Morning League– this division plays Tuesday Mornings at 9:00 AM (max # of players: 32, 4 teams for each line)
Line 1 3.75 to 4.5
Line 2 3.4 to 3.9
Line 3 3.2 to 3.6
Line 4 lower than 3.4
Evening League– this division plays Monday Evenings at 5:00 PM (max # of players: 32, 4 teams for each line)
Line 1 3.75 to 4.5
Line 2 3.4 to 3.9
Line 3 3.2 to 3.6
Line 4 lower than 3.4
Fall 2021 ARC Pickleball Men’s League
Sign ups for the Men’s League are now open. The league will last 7 weeks.
ARC members are only eligible to sign up and the cost to participate is $20 per person. Hold onto your payment until
teams are announced.
There will be two flights: the Upper Tier and the Lower Tier. To play in Upper Tier, you and your partner’s combined
club skill rating cannot exceed more than 8.5. To play in the Lower Tier, you and your partner’s combined club skill
rating cannot exceed more than 7.5. (If you do not have a club rating, we will use our best judgement to place you in
the right tier.) Each tier will have 8 teams each; 16 players total.
You may sign up individually or with a partner. If you sign up as an individual, state the tier that you’re interested in.
Just note that if you signed up individually, you may be assigned to a partner. (I would suggest you find a partner you
would enjoy playing with to make your experience great.) If you sign up with a partner, make sure both your combined
ratings meet the criteria for either tier.
There will be 2 rounds of play, you will play with at least 3 teams in your tier twice, with a total of 6 games. In the
following week, we will rotate teams in their tier to play with other teams that they may not get to play with the week
before. Games are played to 11, win by 1. There will be a 15-minute timer for each game to stay on track with time and
a 5-minute break between each game. ***Disclaimer-All this may change depending on how many teams signed up.
If you are not able to play on certain dates, find a substitute who has a similar skill level. Therefore, when finding a
sub, he cannot be rated any more than.1 point higher in the club rating but anyone with a lesser rating is okay to avoid
sandbagging. If you cannot find a substitute, you will have to default. (We will compile a substitute list to help sub.)
Playing dates for the League are Thursdays, September 16th, 23th, 30th, and October 7th,14th, 21th, 28th. This
league will begin at 9 AM and end at 11 AM. We will start right at 9 AM. If you want to warm up, come early. (For now,
we will only have a morning league. Once our indoor courts are built and our evening schedule frees up, we will start a
men’s evening league to accommodate our other players.)
Each week is a round robin format of play.
Team ranking will be based on wins, followed by points to break ties.
Please email Cenyu Yang at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in participating in the Fall 2021
Men’s Pickleball League or being a substitute. When emailing, please state which Tier you and/or your partner are
interested in playing. Spots are limited so please sign up as soon as possible.
The deadline to sign up is September 3rd. Teams will be announced on the week of September 6th. Stay tuned for
Upper Tier: Combined Club Rating No More Than 8.5 (8 teams each; 16 players total)
Lower Tier: Combined Club Rating No More Than 7.5 (8 teams each; 16 players total)
- Pickleball is something of a mix between tennis, racquetball, and ping pong. Players use special paddles and a whiffle ball, and games can take place on tennis courts with specific pickleball lines or specific pickleball courts. Nets and court sizes are smaller than their tennis counterparts, and the most common game is doubles, although singles is also an option.
- Join us Wednesday at either 4:30pm or 5:30pm for a one hour session of Pickleball 101 where we go over the rules, the basic shots, and facilitate your first games! The clinic is free for pickleball members and gold level and platinum members. All others including non members will need to pay a $15 guest fee at the front desk prior to participating.
- To learn more about pickleball please watch this
- ARC pickleball games are played on our retrofitted hard tennis courts outdoors at the ARC South location.
- Pickleball is a great family sport and is growing in popularity.
- ARC will have Pickleball paddles that members will be able to check out at the front desk.
- Sign up on playtimescheduler.com to see drop in times and ladder signups. It is required to sign up for ladders via playtime and it is helpful if you sign up for drop ins. Clinics can only be signed up for at the front desk.
- All pickleball events will be done outdoors on the hard courts at ARC South. In the event of rain, all pickleball events will be canceled. Cancellations will be posted in the notes on the listing in playtimescheduler.com.
- Join us for the Tuesday night Social Ladder from 5:30pm-8pm. Please use playtimescheduler.com to sign up prior to participating.
- The Wednesday Social Ladder is now from 10am-12pm and limited to 2.0-3.0 players to be more beginner friendly. Please check Playtime Scheduler to sign up prior to participating.
- We now host a Thursday evening Ladies Ladder from 4:30pm-7pm! Please use playtimescheduler.com to sign up prior to participating.
- The Saturday Social Ladder now runs from 10:00am to 12:30pm. Please use playtimescheduler.com to sign up prior to participating.
- Our Sunday Social Ladder runs 12:30pm-3pm. Please use playtimescheduler.com to sign up prior to participating.
For all other Pickleball questions, you can contact the Director of Pickleball
Michael Kinnear at email@example.com